As I recall we usually would jog away, take care of whatever needed
addressing and then kinda jog near to where it was before but never
precisely where it was before and hit go and it would take care of the
rest.  I honestly don't remember exactly how it worked just that it worked
and we used it an awful lot in a job shop environment.  here is a page I
found on the HAAS setup and how it works...

http://atyourservice.haascnc.com/expert-tip/run-stop-jog-continue/

On Fri, Nov 21, 2014 at 11:12 AM, Eric Keller <eekel...@psu.edu> wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 21, 2014 at 11:00 AM, Pete Matos <petefro...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I had heard that machinkit has the jog while paused or was going to be
> > using it.  Nice to see so much work going into it from a couple dedicated
> > guys thank you.   Was just talking to my friend Art and apparently even
> the
> >  turboCNC he uses  has jog while paused. As I recall the HAAS machines we
> > ran at work had the feature.  It really is something very very useful in
> > lot of different situations.
> >

> Just out of curiosity, I assume in most controls you have to manually
> ensure that the tool returns to the workpiece in a way that doesn't cause a
> crash.  Or does it just record the jog path and reverse it?

Pete Matos
A and N Precision and Fabrication
Maryville, Tennessee
865-236-8996