Jeff,
     Yeah I cannot imagine why you would NOT want a feed override or a
spindle override slider. I use mine all the time to either carefully run
thru a program at slower speed,  check the approach of a toolpath to the
workpiece, or just to optimize a feed or speed that has already been
programmed to get a better finish etc. etc.

    I think on some level much of this trepidation comes from worrying
about inexperienced users crashing due to these features. I completely
understand their concerns but perhaps some of these more advanced features
could be added yet disabled in the software if you want so you can let new
users run more safe settings.  The reality is that many people like us are
trying to run commercial machines with LinuxCNC and are looking for MORE
features not less.  I realize that the software is free and dependent upon
programmer types to work on it at their will and leisure. I wish I knew how
to do it or I would attempt it myself. I am NOT a programmer type as anyone
who knows me can attest LOL.  Unfortunately. Peace

Pete

On Fri, Nov 21, 2014 at 3:56 PM, Jeff Johnson <john...@superiorroll.com>
wrote:

> Pete Wrote
>

> If you read that HAAS control description of how their Run, stop, jog,
>
> continue works it seems to be pretty logical to me. It simply requires the
>
> OP to after he has jogged to wherever he need to jog back to a position
>
> CLOSE to where the pause happened initially and then hit a key and the
>
> machine then takes over jogging at 5% speed to the original position.  This
>
> seems like a good idea and easier to get the machine to do.  You will note
>
> that it does not allow for TLO changes which while important are not super
>
> critical in my view and apparently theirs too. The changing of an insert
>
> while typically not perfect should not change the offset that much and I
>
> guess it is understood that you would not want to do this on a critical
>
> dimension of a finish pass.  It would sure be nice tho.  Either way just
>
> having the ability to raise the millhead and turn the spindle and coolant
>
> on and off to take a quick measurement or inspect progress would be a big
>
> deal for me.  Peace
>

> Pete
>

> Most of our controls have the ability to feed override the jog speed. There
> has been a move to get away from this in lcnc and this is an example why we
> still want the option. Heading back into a cut you can have control over
> that speed.
>

> Jeff Johnson
>
> john...@superiorroll.com
>
> Superior Roll & Turning