Aram

See below
Problem is that when i click F1 - off e-stop, i should be able to pick axis
-- X Y Z, able to type in in MDI , AND after i push F2 machine power up and
after i click on Y axis jog - (any increment ) tham machine should move.
that is how 2.5.4  works on my computer.
And on my computer for 2.6.4 nothig is same.
in live CD - F1 - e-stop off ,and i can no pick axis X Y Z they are frozen
not pickable, and i can open MDI but i CAN NOT     type there anything.

I do not know what you mean by "pick axis -- X, Y, Z" but your workflow with
f1 and f2 is unusual.

Most people clear the Reset/Estop (f1) and the immediately "Power up the
control" (f2). Then you can Home, issue MDI commands, keyboard jog etc.
Attempting anything before Power Up (f2) is not expected to work - perhaps
some things did with 2.5.4 and this is the confusion. I don't have a setup
to try this at present.

2.6.4 works fine for me (using the f1, f2 workflow described above).

John Prentice