On Sun, 23 Nov 2014, Andrew wrote:

> Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2014 23:54:16 +0200
> From: Andrew <pkm...@gmail.com>
> To: "Enhanced Machine Controller (EMC)" <emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
> Subject: Re: [Emc-users] 2.6.4---2.5.4

>> i did move 5i20 to the next PCI port and 2.6.5 work ok.
>> i just do not know what cause to 2.6.5 to start to work ok?
>> maybe because it use quantum mechanic -- nothing happen for sure, it only
>> has high probability that it will happen.
>>
>> I have D525MW motherboard which does not see 5i25 card. Too bad it has
> only one PCI slot.
> I should try Ubuntu on that D525MW instead of Debian... who knows.
>
> --
> Andrew

If a PCI card is not detected, it very often is because either the contact
fingers or slot contacts are dirty (this is especiall true of slota on  a
motherboard that have been unused for a long time)

I find the cleaning the PCI card and slot with 99% Isopropyl alcohol often
fixes the problem. To clean the slot I dip a piece of card stock into the
alcohol and insert/remove it several times

Peter Wallace
Mesa Electronics

(\__/)