On Sat, 6 Dec 2014, Jeremy Jones wrote:

> Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2014 14:18:40 -0500
> From: Jeremy Jones <sp01jjo...@gmail.com>
> To: Emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net
> Subject: [Emc-users] 7i76 spindle output
>
> Trying to get the spindle running. What should I be seeing on the spin
> enable aand direction outputs voltage wise? Not getting anywhere with this
> and I see no change in voltage even though it shows them active in Hal.

The direction and enable outputs are not voltage sources but rather switches
so you will not see any change unless you use a Ohmmeter across the pins.

if your VFD needs inputs pulled to ground, you wire like this:

ENA+ --> VFD INPUT
ENA- --> VFD GROUND/COMMON

If you VFD needs to have inputs pulled up, you wire like this

ENA+ VFD +COMMON
ENA- VFD INPUT

Peter Wallace
Mesa Electronics