Hello to all!

I just managed to turn the second motor of my machine (another AC motor
with a Powerflex 40 drive) and works just fine for positioning the part.
Tomorrow I'll be uploading some videos.

Although I need to do some fine tuning on both the rotary and the linear
axis I was thinking about a concept to improve the accuracy of the servo
loops.

As I have seen on many machines including the Mazak that we have here, the
servo systems close the velocity loop within the servo drive, and then the
CNC applies a voltage to control the velocity of the motor based on the PID
of the position loop.

So as I see it, it's like there is one pid nested inside the other, or sort
of. Now the VFDs that I'm using can close the velocity loop but I would
have to use a special module for that.

My question is, based on your experience. Could this improve the accuracy
of the joints? I guess this could be done within LinuxCNC without closing
the loop on the VFDs.

Thanks as always for your help!!

--
*Leonardo Marsaglia*.