> Hi Leonardo.
> If you want to perform a closed loop position system as you said you need
> the inner speed closed loop.
> I do believe that can be quite difficult to perform both closed loops
> within LCNC with the expected accuracy.
> The VFD that you are using is a sensor less vector control type (that is
> why you have to close the speed loop outside the VFD).
> This kind of VFD are not the right product to run a "servo system" (as you
> already know) also because you should drive an asynchronous induction motor
> that is not usually suited for that porpouse.
> I'm not a LCNC guru .... but at least I've always used a vector VFD with
> encoder feedback tied from the motor to the VFD with the encoder simulation
> feedback connected to the axis module .

Hello Alex and thanks for the answer.

Well, I know this is not the best solution to drive a servo system, but
since this is not a really accurate machine, because I only need to
position a coil for induction heating, I can live with that. Also now It's
working pretty well considering these limitations.

Anyway I was investigating this because If I can manage to get better
results with this system I would love to achieve them.

--
*Leonardo Marsaglia*.