> On Apr 16, 2015, at 8:45 PM, Chris Morley <chrisinnana...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> The 7I85s is a 4 axis stepgen + encoder interface. Does pncconf know how to
> make closed loop stepgen + encoder feedback configurations?
>
> Yes - if you pick an x axis stepper and x axis encoder (but not an x axis
> analog) then pncconf will do a closed loop stepper config.
>
> I haven't check this in a long time so it might need some tweaks.
>
> Firmware XMLs must be put in /lib/firmware/hm2/BOARDNAME for pncconf
> to notice them.

I created a directory /lib/firmware/hm2/5i25 and put the 7i85sx2.xml and
7i85sx2.bit files there.  PNCCONF now sees the 5i25 and 7i85s.  I also have a
7i84 connected via serial to the 7i85s, that it doesn’t see.  Do I also need to
add a 7i84.xml file for that to work?  Not sure where to find that, it doesn’t
seem to be in the config files I downloaded for the 5i25 card.

> By 2.8 pncconf will read the info from a live system YAAY!

That would be nice!
-Tom