> Sounds like they're addressing one problem by effectively creating another
> problem.  If you need one computer to see the GUI and one for realtime
> effects, why not just start out with a real computer and load Linux and
> LinuxCNC on it?

Because you do not need PC to run the GUI. There already is an app for
Androids (available in google's play store, do not know about apple
devices) so that you can run the GUI on smartphone or tablet as well -
I already have tested this on my smartphone and Machinekit, running on
BBB. Conclusion - 5 inch display is too small, but it did work (well,
to be honest, it is recommended for tablets rather than smartphones
and now I know why).

Viesturs