On 6/16/2015 5:11 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:

>> That's all I really wanted to
>> do anyway! I'll end up with labels and tags on several things around
>> here. Then I can get back to building parts for my next steam engine.
>>
>> George R
> while I have your attention, the hobby shops sell brass tubeing that each
> size telescopes in the next size or or down.  For a piece thats 3/8" OD,
> what is the bore size?  I need to shim a couple of lovejoys that are
> 3/8" bore, down to 8mm to fit some big honky nema 23's.  Do-able?

  I measured K D tubing wall thickness at .0015. I checked three
different sized tubes and got the same reading.
  If you require more than one tube, then consider the clearance they
each provide and you may decide this would not be a good choice. When
you tighten the set screw, it will move that part away from center the
sum of clearance of each part used. When I've done this, if the outside
part really needs to be centered, I go ahead and machine an adapter
sleeve with a hole/s for the set screw.
  On my micro-mill, I had to adapt the stepper shaft to the lead screw.
I machined the parts to do that on all three leads screws.
  I would assume the coupling from the motor to the lead screw is done
with a coupler that allows for some movement in alignment. Perhaps this
type of coupling can deal with one side being off center?
George R