On 07/07/2015 11:38 AM, Pete Matos wrote:
> well perhaps I should clarify then that I have the D525 motherboard.  I
> apologize if I came across as bashing ALL Atom boards.  But as I said I do
> have these occasional real time errors and the machine DOES work and run
> very well for me almost daily.

I think the problem may be when running software stepping on
an Atom.  If you have hardware
assist (Pico Systems, Mesa, or whatever) and only run a
servo thread but NO base thread, then I
think the Atom works much better.  It definitely is a
lower-powered CPU, but remember the original
EMC ran on a 100 MHz Pentium Classic (with a hardware
encoder counter/DAC board for analog
velocity servos).

Jon