On 7/15/15 1:03 PM, Rick wrote:
> Sorry Seb, it's been a very long week with our machines,
>
> Between 2.6.6 and 2.6.5
>
> We have been on 2.6.4 since it was released, and after I asked about the
> pin name changes the other day in gmoccapy, I came out and updated 1 of
> our turning centers, and noticed this problem, not thinking it was
> Linuxcnc, because it was the machine that the HD took a crap on.
>
> I just went through and started back at 2.6.4, compiled, loaded a
> program, halui.program.pause and halui.program.resume work fine, as soon
> as it see's the input, instantaneously I get the intended
> outputs/machine reaction. Did the same thing with 2.6.5, same results,
> instantaneous outputs. Did the same thing with 2.6.6, now I see a delay
> in the output of the intended input, by a second or so.

This must be a red herring, because the only change in halui between
2.6.5 and 2.6.6 has to do with the management of Task modes during MDI
calls, nothing that should affect the handling of pause.

Also, nothing at all changed in Task or Motion between those versions,
which are the other places a pause delay could happen.

--
Sebastian Kuzminsky