I replaced some 15-20 year old Yaskawa motor/drives this year.   We
needed to get longer cables but they had used some special connectors
that were obsolete.
The price for the replacement cables (they were not sure they could even
get the connectors from Japan if we ordered new cable sets)  was more
than the cost of new servo motors, drives, and cables.

So we ripped out all of the Yaskawa equipment and went with all new Teco
servos and saved money.

Although the motors and drives are working now, you might want to
consider what replacing a component would cost, as eventually everything
fails.  And chances are that if you do the conversion, they will call
you when a drive goes down in the future.

Dave

---