On Thursday 08 October 2015 14:01:12 Valerio Bellizzomi wrote:

> On Thu, 2015-10-08 at 03:10 -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > Greetings all;
> >
> > I had one of those "colonoscopy" cameras you could buy on ebay for
> > about $22 USD on my toy mill, and had it pretty well calibrated but
> > hadn't put it to any real use as yet when I knocked it loose with an
> > errant hold down bolt on that furniture joint carving jig.  I'd been
> > meaning to restore it as it also came loose in its teeny little
> > tubular housing and would need so rtv to  glue it back into the
> > tubing so the cable couldn't pull it out the rear if the cable hung
> > up.  But making an alignable mounting was also a PITA, so its been
> > waiting for me to find a round tuit.
>
> I have attempted to use a webcam with camview, I was only able to
> display the camera image in a separate window. No way to configure it
> to display camera image within a Gmoccapy TAB.

camview seems to be made to be a 3rd window tab in the center, backplot
window of axis.  For that, camview works well albeit slow.  I'll go plug
one into tne toy mill which is still configured for the just barely
working teeny one I started with,  BRB.

Humm, I uncommented the lines in the .ini file that did make it work,
without unplugging the damaged camera that was still making normal video
of the stuff on the table behind the keyboard, but something in the
system is now killing it and linuxcnc won't start.

Perhaps its time to go get the latest from Nic's .ru site?
There's probably been a gigabyte of updates to both LCNC and the system
since I last had it running.  The web page download is however 3 years
old, so maybe not.  Maybe Nic doesn't its died?

And I am likely a good 90-120 days with the next project here before I
can come back to this.  There is about $1000 worth of Mahogany in the
way in the garage right now that needs to be carved up & made into 3
more cedar lined blanket chests.