On 10/9/2015 8:30 AM, Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Thursday 08 October 2015 16:04:42 Jim Craig wrote:
>

>> Gene,
>>
>> How about a pic of one of those blanket chests?
>>
>> Jim
> I did, but the server is holding it for the moderator to clear as its not
> quite 20k over the 360k size limit allowed.  I smunched it down to a 20%
> quality jpg, because I could see jpg'ing artifacts if I went any lower.
>
> I'll try doing some cropping of some of the background in gimp.  Or is
> there now a more compact image compression format?  Cropping an image in
> gimp is the most frustrating thing I have ever tried, I have to ask for
> help on the gimp-users list every time, so it still has white borders.
> Damit, a crop should remove what you don't want, not fill it with white.
>
> Anyway, new version 2 attached, smunched enough that jpg is showing some
> artifacts.
>
> Cheers, Gene Heskett

Very nice! I like the Joinery. What are you using for the square pins in
the joint? I like some good woodworking.

My next big woodworking project is new office furniture. It will
probably take me and my dad about a year to finish the project I want to
do. Executive desk, full 12' wall of bookcases. printer cabinet.... and
whatever else I can dream up. Right now I am working off a white plastic
folding table, LOL.

Keep up the good work.

Jim