On 10/11/2015 2:14 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Sunday 11 October 2015 14:32:08 John Thornton wrote:
>
>> the first thing I noticed is your wrapping your
>> code with % AND using a program end M2. You only use one or the other.
>> M2 resets a bunch of things (see the manual) and %% does not.
> It doesn't matter it seems, everything I write, regardless of the
> termination line, fusses about a "file ended with no percent sign."  So
> I have no idea how to get rid of that squawk.
I just removed the %'s from your file with no complaints. The only time
you get that error is if you don't have a Program End either M2 or M30.
I don't think M30 does anything different that M2 so I prefer to use M2.
> But this all depends on a way to do a touch-off in gcode, including
> clearing it back to zero so G53 and G54 are again equal. Has anyone
> here produced some M1nn codes to do that? Or is that missing from the
> halcmd language? Thanks a bunch John. Your thoughts are educational,
> and welcome. Cheers, Gene Heskett
I'm just suggesting that you run a touch off program to "set up" your
coordinate system then run your part program and let it clear any
offsets at the end. This way when you open the program the preview and
backplot will match.

I would love to see a photo of that machine!

JT