On 11/06/2015 02:48 AM, Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Friday 06 November 2015 00:10:53 MC Cason wrote:
>

>>     I don't have a tool changer, so my comment may not work, but why
>> not have LinuxCNC send a signal out to a microcontroller, let the
>> microcontroller do it's job, and then have the microcontroller send a
>> signal back to LinuxCNC to tell it when it's done?  I do not consider
>> myself a programmer, but I'm still able to make the Arduino software
>> give me what I want.
>>
>>     If a stock Arduino board doesn't have enough pins, the Teensy
>> series of boards have more pins available.  For me, $20.00 for the
>> 3.2, and $12.00 for the LC, was fairly cheap, considering what other
>> boards on the market cost.  Both of them use the Arduino software
>> (with addon sofware) as it's IDE.
>> https://www.pjrc.com/teensy/teensy31.html
>> https://www.pjrc.com/teensy/teensyLC.html
>
> I've considered that approach, but its a new language to learn. But for a
> $20 bill, maybe worth the effort.

    If you do decide to use the Teensy 3.2, and you need all of the
available pins, solder the SMD pin header onto the bottom of the board
first, then solder the through hole headers.  Use a scrap of perf board
to keep the header properly aligned while soldering it.

   The LC does not need this extra step, as it doesn't have all of the
additional pins of the 3.2.

--
MC Cason
Eagle3D - Created by Matthias Weißer