On 16 November 2015 at 12:11, Rick Lair <r...@superiorroll.com> wrote:

> What I found is, is my servo_thread is set at 2,500,000 ns and my ladder
> is peaking at 3,400,000 to 3,500,000 ns.

Are you sure about those numbers?

1,000,000 bS (1mS) is a common servo thread rate. Sometimes there is
an advantage in going lower, but if Ladder is taking 3.5mS it sounds
like something unusual is happening.

You could try turning on base_thread_fp then running ladder in a 10mS
"servo-thread" and other stuff in a 1mS "base-thread" with FP enabled.
I am not sure what that would do your traj-period, though.

It is possible to have up to three threads, so it might be better to
add a "loadrt threads" after the loadrt motmod line in the HAL, and
create your new, slower, thread that way.
http://linuxcnc.org/docs/2.7/html/man/man9/threads.9.html

--
atp
If you can't fix it, you don't own it.