This looks interesting to me, maybe not to others,

Realtime Threads:
     Period  FP     Name               (     Time, Max-Time )
    5000000  YES         ladder-thread (   374176,  1814016 )
                  1 classicladder.0.refresh
    2500000  YES          servo-thread (   929934,  3882352 )
                  1 hm2_7i80.0.read
                  2 hm2_7i80.0.write
                  3 motion-command-handler
                  4 motion-controller
                  5 pid.x.do-pid-calcs
                  6 pid.y.do-pid-calcs
                  7 pid.z.do-pid-calcs
                  8 pid.a.do-pid-calcs
                  9 mux2.0
                 10 mux4.0
                 11 mux16.0
                 12 mux16.1
                 13 lowpass.0
                 14 abs.0
                 15 abs.1
                 16 abs.2
                 17 abs.3
                 18 abs.4
                 19 scale.0
                 20 scale.1
                 21 scale.2
                 22 scale.3
                 23 gearchange.0
                 24 ilowpass.0
                 25 conv-float-s32.0
                 26 carousel.0

greenmill@greenmill:~/linuxcnc-dev$

And farther up the list using halcmd show

    28  s32   RW        3785632  hm2_7i80.0.read.tmax

Could this be an issue? It is running on the 2.5ms servo thread.

Rick