Well I grounded X2 to the main ground and when I started LinuxCNC and
started to home I got the flurry of sserial errors. So I thought about
it for a bit and maybe the ground from the computer case to the ground
block was creating a ground loop so I took it off. Started LinuxCNC and
immediately go a flurry of sserial errors which locks up LinuxCNC. Mind
you this is with the 7i77ISOL card between the 5i25 and the 7i77 which
is supposed to block any noise in the sserial communications. The X2 to
ground has to go...

I do have a 7i92 to test out...

JT