I was helping a commercial screw machine shop that had a couple little
KX1 mills. One was getting rather tired after 5 or 6 years of production
use and having repeatability problem. I was speaking with the general
manager and asked "well how long do you expect a machine to last?" and
without a hint of a smile he whipped back "40 years"

The KX1 was installed less then 50 feet from a row of screw machines
maybe as old as I am (73 years) and they were clanking away dropping
parts into a bin.

ron ginger