On Friday 22 April 2016 14:46:19 Dave Cole wrote:

> On 4/22/2016 2:02 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > On Friday 22 April 2016 13:41:33 Todd Zuercher wrote:
> >> Oh well, worth a look.  Craigslist searches are nice that they are
> >> relatively local.  The down side, if your local isn't suited for
> >> the search you won't find much.
> >
> > Thats true, so I expanded my search earlier but misseed this one
> > because of the poor pix & lacking description details.  So I've sent
> > that poster an email for clarification.  We'll see what response I
> > get.
> >
> > Thanks Todd.
> >
> >> Around here there usually are a few decent
> >> things to look at.
> >> https://akroncanton.craigslist.org/hvo/5507436260.html
> >
> > Cheers, Gene Heskett
>
> Wow!  Those are bad pictures!
>
> I think all of the latest Festo and SMC cylinders are oil free
> cylinders.   They require zero oil to function.
> I was skeptical of this when they first came out years ago, but they
> will run thousands and thousands of cycles with zero oil lube.
> I think that some if not most of the newer Bimba cylinders are oil
> free as well.
>
> For instance....
> http://www.bimba.com/Products-and-Cad/Actuators/Inch/Round-Line/Non-Re
>pairable/Original-Line-Cylinder/
>
> I suppose if you use oil then it will wash out the grease.
>
> Dave

looks like Bimba doesn't want my business.  I used the menu to compose a
3/4" cyclinder with a 16" stroke & asked for a quote on 2 of them.  The
reply was generic boilerplate without any prices.  oh, well.

I did get the lathe back among the living this afternoon and made one
more of the spring anchors.  In the process I was out of the gold
colored chips for the turning tool so I installed one from a pack of
Mitsubishi's I got after a very long shipping delay, from grizzly.

Different edge shape and not 100% covered in the golden shaded coating,
and it took a bit more push from the x motor to start cutting.  So I set
it to take .025", at 700 revs and about 2.4 ipm.  It proceeded to peel
off some of the longest, prettiest curly-que chips I've ever seem, coils
about 3/32" in diameter and about 1/8" per turn and if I could keep it
from getting tangled up, 10 foot long single chips were doable.  I have
never had a carbide tool cut like that before. So I went -0.035" for the
next cut.  Wash, rinse, repeat. -0.050 made the motor work a little
harder, but it just kept going.  So I ought to be able to make the last
2 tomorrow.  I have some steel formed angle to make the pulley supports
from, but I've about a week to make the last 2 anchors before I'll have
the motor to measure for the pulley support mounting.

The line powered driver is about a week behind the motor according to the
shipping notices.