Then trying to get raspi-profibus to work on an ordinary PC I discovered there
is an awlsim hal module suitable for PLC programming. It would be good to know
if anyone are working with awlsim? Or profibus right now?

The raspi-profibus software is divided in two. The higher level is written in
python and communicate with the lower levels implemented on an Atmel AVR via
SPI. I have been able to replace AVR code with ordinary *nix system calls for
UART communication. Data is coming out but no answer from real hardware, it is
at exactly this point I got stuck last time I tried.

Nicklas Karlsson