I think in addition to the message box in the g-code file I will add a
HAL message component that will trigger off a one shot component that is
connected to the machine on state. This way each time the machine is
turned on the pop up message will show up to remind the user to connect
the ground. (just in case as I am a forgetful dummy).

On 5/19/2016 10:57 AM, Dave Cole wrote:
> Also, you will find out that how you put the clamp on the table will
> affect the plasma flame "direction".   The plasma flame will point
> somewhat in the direction of the best ground.
> If you clip it on one leg and the other legs and supports are not well
> connected you will see the effects of the poor ground path in your
> cuts.  The way you ground a plasma table is really important.
>
> Dave

The ground is normally placed on the grid in the water table. This gets
the ground as close to the part as possible and creating a distributed
ground grid under the plate being cut. What is the suggested best method
to ground the table to the plasma cutter to prevent the directional arcing?

Thanks,

Jim