On Friday 22 July 2016 15:07:34 Ralph Stirling wrote:

In a PM. Please put this stuff on the list where all can see it.

> Thanks, Gene, I found them with that hint.  That is an
> amazingly simple setup you came up with.  That is
> kerosene you are using for the fluid?  No problem with
> catching fire?

In those pix, it was distilled water from the local grocery store. The
blue maxwell house plastic can however is used k2.  And for this, it
seem the water does not blacken near a fast as the K2.  I could still
faintly see the fire when it was over half done.  Less carbon in the
water I think.

As for the k2, no fire as long as the sparks are under the surface,
therefore no oxygen, and no fire.  Same when using water but then one
wouldn't expect the water to burn anyway.  I'll use the used k2 to start
a disposal file when its next due because we've removed some stuff, like
we've a row of burning bush in front of the house that is pushing in a
basement wall with its roots, and I've been threatening to saw off &
grub it out for about a year now.  Bad back (its 81 yo) and a severe
shortage of round tuit's keeps getting in the way.  Excuses but thats
the best I can come up with without lying.