On Wednesday 20 July 2016 22:43:21 TJoseph Powderly wrote:

> dont spin too fast
> SFM is pretty low ( compared to regular grinding )
> if too fast you hear the sparking get weak
> (try slower to test quick )
> the spark can get 'blown out' ( as in candle ) if you move too fast

This 2.875" disk was turning about 250-300 revs.  Slow enough it wasn't
throwing K2 all over. I don't think I had a blow out problem. I did run
the gap down to a short several times but found the head could be horsed
around to re-open the gap and let it sizzle for a bit.  Then I could
start feeding it again.

> AGie EDM grinders were used to slot sewing machine carbide plates
> and the wheel was 12"dia and near 120 rpm
> thats was back in 1970 at Union Special ( mfctr )
> my deep mem is not so good ;-(

Neither is mine, too many years on the wet ram I believe.