On Sunday 25 December 2016 09:54:37 Nicklas Karlsson wrote:

> > > Happen to know any more or less g-codes for these motions? g-codes
> > > for control of flush? g-codes for control of EDM power source?

> > i uploaded mcodes before with python commands to change edm
> > generator on/off/current/polarity
>
> I could remember I god some g-code suitable for EDM and are looking
> for them right now.
>
> I have entered g-code for Linuxcnc and Sodick wire EDM in a database,
> there a problem with a few codes. The database could be rather useful
> if filled in for more machines and put on the web.
>
> I have never machined run a machine and think it could be a good start
> to read thru which codes are available.

What I have done with edm is strictly shade tree mechanics, and has used
a spinning electrode once with k2 as the dielectric, and the last time
with distilled water, which because I was emulating a slitting saw with
a thin sheet of brass about 3" OD, just used a very slow feed rate. It
took around 30 minutes with the brass spinning at about 150 revs, to
make each of the slots I cut in a piece of 1/2" A2 rod, about .8" deep,
rotating the workpiece to the next nut flat for an angle reference.

This was nearly the last operation after using G76 with a length of cut
taper, to make 50 tpi tapered threads on the shaft, and in a nut. The
shaft was bored to accept the end of a small ball screw, as is, threads
and all, it was inserted into the end of the A2, and the nut drawn up
quite tight so the A2 is compressed onto the screw with a death grip.
Its driving the x axis screw in the sheldon 11x36 conversion I am doing.
All sealed up with green threadlocker, if it ever fails, I can make
another, maybe even with a bigger screw if I can find one whose nut
would have a threaded mount on one end.  No room for the usual nuts
flange in the x axis.

The first time I was removing two broken 6x32 taps, and while it worked,
I had no way to flush the hole, so each hole had to be blown clean with
carb cleaner about 20 times because that K2 was so contaminated it was
still a short when the electrode had been withdrawn 100 thou. Can you
spell PITA?  But I did get the job done and the part salvaged, its the
post extension on my toy mill.

Thats my story and I'm sticking to it. ;-)