Nicklas
are you using theses abbreviation meanings?
.u = umschaltung  or Voltage
.i = current
.t = time

re: edm.u.Sparc , is this a flag meaning the spark generator is active,
or what?
re: edm.t.On & Off , are these integer microseconds or floats?
re: edm.u.Ionization, is this a flag meaning ionization occured? (
threads are not fast enough fpr that, ionization from initialization is
submicrosecond)
re: emd.u.Seat, is this the discharge voltage, is this also the servo
target?
re: edm.u.Open, is this the ignition voltage ( usually less that 3
amperes, and for example AGie 60L is 100 150 200 270 selectable )?
   or the actual cutting supply no-load voltage (neccesarily > discharge
voltage and often 60-120volts, 115 in my system)

re: edm.i  , i think this is current,
when I talked about ipkval it refered to the maximum (peak) current
available is a dead short
   in a normal discharge, the reactance of the spark gap acts sort of
like a resistor, the Actual current will be less
   the joules delivered is (ontime-ionizationTime ) * (dischargeVoltage)
* (actualCurrent )

re: edm.ionizationCount .sparcCnt  these are very fast changing data,
   too fast for threads,
   but outside hardware (i used PICs) can report running averages
   these data can be used to evaluate process quality and can lead to
adjusting the offtime , flush, cut duration of jumping strategy

re: old mcodes, they are just models, they can be changed easily, likely
individual codes for individual parameters is better
   the M110 can be moved and can be broken into individual set_on & set_off
   the M112 sets the supplied peak current, and since my interface was
binary, had special code for that
   the M199 was a position limit number, a position that constrained the
Hal motion
    ( i did not use linuxcnc gcodes tho i operated inside linuxcnc)
    the tool was not allowed to exceed this position.
It is related to M198 which is a timer.
    Edm process is not complete as soon as the tool arrives to the
programmed position,
    as the surface is not completely cut yet.
    So, i wait for the tool to maintain the final position until the gap
voltage rises
    THEN wait an additional security time (M198 monitors this)
THEN the system is ready to proceed to next step.
       This is similar to linuxcnc exactStopMode extreme!

in general a wedm user interface is different than sink edm

wedm is a path, like a mill
  the wedm cuts while along a path
  wedm uses cutter comp a lot, to change the path from roughing ( far
away from the path ) to finishing ( close to the path )
sink edm is like a cnc punch press
  the sink edm gets into position then cuts with very small motion in a
single location
  sink edm moves around each location , first achieving th enet shape
during rough stage then about the location ( orbiting ) while refining
the surface

so the user interface may be very different

i will look into the user interface also
you still have the coffeecup edm for testing?

regards
tomp tjtr33