On Monday 27 February 2017 08:54:11 John Kasunich wrote:

> What do you want to use the direction for?
>
> If you are using the jogwheel as a jogwheel, you don't need direction
> at all. LinuxCNC's motion module handles that.

Needed to decrement the u32 for slower speeds per detent felt in the
fingers, basically getting back to a microstep per felt click as the
minimum speed.

I was going to use the A signal as the stepup/stepdown clock.  Is there a
better way, John?

I do not want to have to grab the mouse, find the + & - buttons on the
screen, hit the right one, and issue a bunch of clicks to achieve a
counts per click change that is then sent to motion.joint-jog.  Much
more time consuming that way.

I am also assuming that motion does not apply a jog when its already
issueing move commands of its own, but I'll lock the encoders reset down
when it is in motion, even if it is jogwheel induced motion. Fewer
operator suprises I think.

Advice appreciated since my original block diagram of this was just
invalidated by multiswitch's behavior, and a new way isn't totally
fleshed out yet in whats left of my mind.

Thank you John.

[...]