On 02/27/2017 09:43 AM, dragon wrote:
> Not to say that I don't like using a handwheel encoder for what you are
> looking to do but after reading your mouse click comments I wondered if
> you are aware of the following keyboard shortcuts...
>
>   <, >    decrement or increment axis speed
>   c/C     select continuous jogging
>   i/I     select incremental jog, and toggle through increments
>   1-9,0   set feed override to 10%-90%, 0 is 100%
>
> You can set the increments that 'i/I' will toggle through in the ini file.
>
> I hate mice too ;)

I use a mixture.  When facing off a surface until "cleaned
up", I use the jog dial to count down the thousandths of an
inch of Z feed, then use the continuous jog keys on the
keyboard to make the passes.  This is all manual machining
to clean up the exterior of the parts before I get to the
G-code part of the work.

The mouse is generally only used to select files from the menu.

Jon