On Wednesday 01 March 2017 22:08:50 Kurt Jacobson wrote:

> Since there has been a significant amount of discussion about the
> cheap MPGs I decided to take mine apart and find out how they work. I
> took a bunch of pictures during the disassembly, you can find them
> here: https://goo.gl/photos/w8fJaFLzzUsFzfmV7

Most interesting Kurt, and thank you very much. And I have never felt a
mechanical detent as smooth as these without using contactless
magnetics. So I sit corrected.  Thats truly amazing grease, but for how
long will it maintain that "feel". What sort of bearings if any does the
shaft spin in? Oh wait, I think I saw some "oilite" sintered bronze.
Still, that looks like very good construction, worth more than we paid.

What sort of an inspection tool with a radioactive sign on it were we
looking at, along with its scintilator pulse outputs on the scope?

That also looked interesting.