On 04/12/2017 08:58 AM, Kirk Wallace wrote:
> On 04/11/2017 11:17 AM, Dave Cole wrote:
>> Kirk,
>>
>> Go online and get your refrigerant license.
>> I did that years ago and I think it was $35 or so and it makes you legit
>> so you can buy parts and stuff from local HVAC houses.
Yes, the EPA "green cards" are quite handy.  They also let
you buy stuff at "closed shop" refrigeration supply
outfits.  Some years ago a run cap on my house air cond blew
(and I mean BLEW!) and I was astonished to be able to buy a
replacement for something like $6 at a refrigeration
supplier.  They wouldn't have sold me ANYTHING without that
card.

Jon