You wouldn't want to put R-134a in it.
http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?133531-SubZero-532

On Monday, April 10, 2017, 3:44:48 AM MDT, Kirk Wallace
<kwall...@wallacecompany.com> wrote:On 04/09/2017 09:16 PM, Kirk Wallace wrote:

... snip

> It turns out, without adding more ice the cabinet actually got cooler by
> 5 degrees. Uhh?

... snip

Roland, Dave, Ray, thank you for your replies. We have had a neighbor in
the HVAC business top up the R-12 and have gotten away with it for quite
a few years. The unit is a Sub-Zero 532 built-in, so it would not be
easy to replace with a standard box.
> https://appliancebuyersguide.com/sub-zero-532-replacing-an-old-or-broken-subzero/

I have been researching the Net to learn how to convert to R-134, find
leaks and replace the evaporator (normally > $800, part ~$110) myself.
After watching a few Youtube videos, I am now an expert :). This seems
to be the best resource so far (click the Look Inside to see the good
stuff):
> https://www.amazon.com/Refrigeration-Conditioning-Technology-John-Tomczyk/dp/1305578295

Good videos:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCv7rCdcXsc  (a few in series)
https://www.youtube.com/user/KenTraining/videos  (interesting channel)

I figure the worst case is, I buy a modern used refrigerator and
transfer all the bits to the S-Z. After I acquire all the tools, I can
also fix the Explorer and a window unit. I'm also thinking it would be
cool to add a Linux IoT WiFi thingie with a bunch of sensors to
monitor... well everything. The original refrigerator didn't even have a
thermometer. I only knew things weren't going well when the fresh
veggies went bad after only a few days. I'm keen to fix that.

Sorry if this is noise.