On 04/13/2017 12:44 PM, Todd Zuercher wrote:

> But I'm cutting out a 2ft x 3ft window.  It would be silly to pocket fill
> that entire thing.
Yes, that is something I do all the time.  I call it
trepanning, and I have programs to do that, also.  However,
there's no way to avoid the first cut at each level being a
full-width (plowing) cut, and that is the most difficult
part of the job.
I do use either brushed-on cutting oil for a one-off, or
flood coolant when doing a lot of that type of work.  I've
been doing instrument panels in various aluminum alloys with
a 1/8" 4-flute solid carbide cutter.  The coolant makes a
HUGE difference.
> It seems I'm making good progress using the majic O-flute bit and a
> trochoidal path.

Excellent, glad you found a combination of things that makes
it work.

Jon