Yes.  The linked device acts just like 1/2 of a 3.3 volt opto isolator.

However there are devices LIKE it that cost 1/10 as much, run on 5
volts are faster and use consumer grade cables.

But the ability to use un-terminated fiber cable cut from a bulk
spool.  It is worth paying more for that.

I'm wondering WHY?  Is it for galvanic isolation?  A small opto device
does that.  Is it for noise impunity, shielded differential twisted
pair cable does that really well.  Normal 100BaseT  Ethernet is
already differential and isolated.  The normal engineering method is
to first spec a requirement THEN look for parts.  This saves a lot of
work compared to doing it the other way around.

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California