On Wednesday 10 May 2017 17:15:05 giorgio foga wrote:

> sorry Gene.... I'm not american.... what is means: Yup, its dead
> Jim??? .... At least I can understand the trend he has developer
> views.
>

> regards
>
> giorgio

That is one of the more famous lines from the original Star Trek tv
series.  So old, I think the reruns are still in black & white. Early
1960's stuff.  Actually, I think the line was "He's dead, Jim", said in
a flat monotone voice, but its been modified in common usage rather like
back fence gossip.

We know it well on this side of the pond, and I keep forgetting this list
goes anyplace you can get an internet connection.  My bad and fading
memory at play.