On Sat, May 27, 2017 at 9:51 PM, Fox Mulder <quakem...@gmx.net> wrote:

> Looks to me just like a stepper motor with integrated motor driver without
> feedback.

You ar right.  The feedback being referred to is "current feedback".   A
conventional stepper driver just sends out a pre-programmed voltage.

My mistake to point out the wrong unit.  THIS is a better example of a
Chinese closed loop stepper motor: (1145 inch oz)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEMA34-8Nm-1145ozin-2phase-closed-loop.....
<http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEMA34-8Nm-1145ozin-2phase-closed-loop-easy-servo-motor-with-hybrid-drive-kit-/172437306014?hash=item2826107a9e:g:KVMAAOSwJ7RYSQyo>

There are also cheaper version but this is a large one from a respected
brand name..

These guys sell them also and have decent technical explanations on their
web site.
http://catalog.orientalmotor.com/category/s-short-range-servo-motor-drivers

--

Chris Albertson