On Sunday 04 June 2017 01:46:57 Erik Christiansen wrote:

> On 03.06.17 19:47, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > On my feet a good share of the day, I'll pay for it in the night
> > with leg cramps. I'll take an extra big b12 pill, which sometimes
> > helps because metformin flushes b12 out into a big white bowl. :)
>
> Gene, a magnesium supplement tablet fixes my nocturnal leg cramps,
> often with ten minutes, if chewed. YMMV, as it perhaps depends on a
> person's condition.

The form of magnesium (oxide) in the OTC stuff has very poor absorbsion,
like 4%.  I ran out about 3 weeks ago and haven't picked up another
bottle of those, I probably should, and add 2 in the morning pockets,
and 2 in the evening pockets of my weekly pilltainer

> Dunno how you keep going if the B12 goes low, though. Is it the
> sub-lingual pill, as the others mostly go straight through with
> minimal absorption? Since switching to the under-the-tongue pills,
> I've not needed B12 jabs.

I've been washing those down with half a 8 oz glass of water. Big pale
red chalky looking pill I haven't bothered to taste.  I just know I need
it. :)

Thanks for the reminder about the mag, Erik, its a reminder I needed.