All of that sounds real nice but also deftly navigates around the problem
that .ini files for MachineKit are a mess, prone to errors and there are
better ways.  Might only be good for 10 years but as I've said before,
multiply 45 minutes by 1000 users and you have 750 hours.
To not do something because there might be a better way some time in the
future if only... doesn't solve the immediate problem.

But wait, maybe the reality is that although linux might be under the covers
of Android and so gets the record for the largest usage OS I've not seen any
Android users edit .ini files.  It's all menus and forms etc.

Could it be that I'm one of the very few that has even tried running a BBB
with a Xlylotex Cape and MachineKit and that most people are using
MachineKit for University Robot Arm projects?  So yes it works, sort of, and
now that you've wetted your teeth get a real computer and run LinuxCNC?

That seems to be the tone.

John