John,

Whether you think this is blown out of proportion or not, you inquiry has
led to a very vigorous discussion of how to manage settings and the vision
of software development and how that relates to this project.

I rarely post and do not have a strong code writing background but have
followed this subject over the past few days with interest.  I certainly
believe that this has sparked some of the creative juices in some of the
readers/respondents.

I certainly can appreciate your frustration with the .ini files having had
to slog through those a number of years back with EMC 2.2 or thereabouts.
The PNCConfig tool was a huge upgrade when it came out.  I for one was
unaware of the challenges of maintaining it until this discussion.  Perhaps
this and future discussions by experts with various coding techniques will
help simplify the  challenges of maintaining tools like PNCConfig and
advance this software closer to the lowly dumb users like myself.

Thanks for your inputs and questions.

B.