On Friday 13 October 2017 12:56:31 Gene Heskett wrote:
[...]
> But where the heck is my local keyboard and mouse?, neither works
> after a login and only the keyboard works on the login greeter.  And I
> have not played with what was a working configuration in re that in
> months.
>
> I'll go give that connector that may have shorted to that relay box, a
> coat of Go-2, aka goop, over the end face of the ribbon cable to help
> prevent that potential short again. I'll take the mouse and its button
> to the lathe and verify it works there. Or across to the other dell I
> use for mesaflashing to see if it works there. Back later with any
> more news about this headache.
>
> Thanks Peter, it helps if you name the tree I'm looking for. :)
>
> >Peter Wallace
>
> Cheers, Gene Heskett

This is crazy! The mouse had expired, and that killed it, keyboard and
all.  With a known good tail-less rodent, its back to normal except for
the gladeVCP error. So I need to go get me 2 fresh mice. One to take
apart and heat warp the spring back into the button covers like I had to
last week to this brand new one before it was usable, and one for a
spare.

Does Excedrin have a number for this headache? :(

If the St Bernards are still within range of being whistled in, do it,
and drink the whisky. I'm going after some mice.