Greetings all;

A friend of the next door neighbors kid brother collared me at the
grocery store today.  Seems he has acquired an 88 caddy that has spent
the last 30 years parked in a garage, collecting zero miles.

But it has just broken some teeth off the speedometer gear in the
transmission, and without that data the transmission is acting berserk
and has rendered a showroom caddy un-driveable.

And he wants me to see if I can restore this broken, probably plastic or
phenolic gear.

I have a hunch that as soon as I get this encoder working, then I had
better get to work on my 4" rotary table as I'll need it to cut fresh
teeth in the replacement plastic, or maybe even brass.

Caddy has been queried about it, but the last of those service parts was
sold out in 2008 according to their reply.  So its make a new one, or
else junk the caddy.

If I elect to do brass, that will probably need a specially ground
tapered mill or a single tooth flycutter. Does anyone know where one
might obtain a drawing for such a tool?  Or should I jut try to
duplicate something that fits the remaining teeth on this one when it
arrives?

Thanks guys.