Almost certainly a gear like this in not a simple spur gear.   Likely
a hypoid gear. The only way you are going to be able to make  spiral
bevel cut gear at home is either with a CNC mill or 3D printer   I
would try printing with nylon.

The quick way to model the gear is to go to McMaster Carr or one of
the other big suppliers and download the CAD file.  They seem to have
CAD files for every gear they sell.  Then modify the file and send the
resulting G-code to a machine, either a mill or printer.

I suppose there must have been people years ago who could cut a spiral
bevel gear by hand by turning cranks?  I know it is not hard to make
spur gears and worms and worm wheels by hand but bevels?

And YES the junk year would have these.  It just a GM transmission.
likely can still by the parts new.

--

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California