On Monday 16 April 2018 06:29:12 Erik Christiansen wrote:

In my new build, lighting will all be LED, run from DC. The inverter won't need to be running for that. The plan is to make some of the
light fittings.
Yes, I think you can do much better making your own LED setups than buying commercial. I have been using 102 Lm/W Cree LEDs from Digi-Key. Not super cheap, but at the time they were the best efficiency. Probably you can get even better today. I'm still on-grid, and was VERY happy with a massive reduction in electricity consumption with these. I've finally replaced all 3 fluorescent tube fixtures in our kitchen, which get a LOT of use. Went from 103 W (read by a real Wattmeter) down to 21 W, and about the same light output.

See
http://pico-systems.com/Lighting.html

for more description and a pic.

Jon