From: Dave Cole [mailto:linuxcncro...@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 17, 2018 4:57 PM
To: emc-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Emc-users] Going off-grid [Was: Thinking about going off-line
eventually.

I got out of the plant engineering end of things in the early 80's.

If you Google absorption chiller you will see that Ammonia is again being
considered for solar -refrigeration systems.   I really don't understand why,
but there is a lot of chatter on that topic.

Ammonia can be a hazard, but its used all of the time by farmers for fertilizer
around me.   I've been exposed to ammonia gas and it is not fun.  This was back
in the blue print days.  As a entry job, I ran off thousands of blue prints.
Sometimes the machine would malfunction and drive me out of the "blue print
room" which was force ventilated to the outside air because of the ammonia
hazard.

Dave