What I meant was "no fixture" not "better fixture"  For example if you
design the room for LED lighting you can design in something like a
crown molding.  Then you can runs a LED strip all the aw atone the top
of every wall.

In a large my cousin tore out all is hanging florescent fixtures and
then directly attached LED strips to the painted ceiling he spaced the
rows of LEDs every 24 inches.  It looks bad if yu do this in a living
room but i the garage is is bright as daylight.  The strips are
self-adhesive and very easy to use

On Tue, Apr 17, 2018 at 4:18 AM, Erik Christiansen
<dva...@internode.on.net> wrote:
> On 17.04.18 03:14, Chris Albertson wrote:
>> If you are thinking about LED lighting, don't try and replace incandescent
>> bulbs.  That works and is what people do but if you are building from
>> scratch yu design the LEDS into the architecture.    The most obvious
>> example is to place them under the wall cabinets in a kitchen.   Just glue
>> a strip of them on.    "Everyone" does this with new kitchens.  The idea
>> can be extended to living rooms and bedroom and other places.   Use some
>> kind of trim molding to shield the LEDs from direct view but let the light
>> bounce off the ceiling.   Convetional designs use one of a few fixtures but
>> with LEDS you want hundreds often distributed over a wide space but hidden
>> by a baffle.
>
> You've sold me. My father always favoured that, but never managed to
> implement it. I'll keep the wall lamps I've designed, for ambience, but
> omit ceiling lights in favour of higher wall-mounted angled uplights for
> light off the ceiling. Oooooh ... may be able to design the uplights
> into the top of the one wall lamp design ... where's that bit of paper?
>
> Erik

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California