On Tue, Apr 17, 2018, at 12:53 PM, Chris Albertson wrote:
> What I meant was "no fixture" not "better fixture"  For example if you
> design the room for LED lighting you can design in something like a
> crown molding.  Then you can runs a LED strip all the aw atone the top
> of every wall.
>
> In a large my cousin tore out all is hanging florescent fixtures and
> then directly attached LED strips to the painted ceiling he spaced the
> rows of LEDs every 24 inches.  It looks bad if yu do this in a living
> room but i the garage is is bright as daylight.  The strips are
> self-adhesive and very easy to use

Until the chinese LED strips develop a short somewhere, and the low-voltage but
fairly high current power supply overheats the strip.  Would not want the strip
mounted directly to wooden joists in the garage.  There is a reason that even
the el-cheapo 4' shop lights are made of metal.

--
  John Kasunich
  jmkasun...@fastmail.fm