Greetings guys;

I have a little over 2 feet of 1/2" A2 chucked in the ER40 kit on the
Sheldon, and I have pushed and pulled on the middle of it so its within
about 6 thou to dead straight watching it turn slowly with a dial.  I
had, when only about 1/4" was projecting from the ER40, put a center
drill into the end of it, cutting very slowly so it would be fairly
close to center, and watching the dial, it has about a 3.8 thou wobble
about 1/4" from a snugged up dead center, and I've used that to center
the tailstock. Elevation of course is still iffy. We'll ignore that for
the moment.

I'm about to install a lincurve/offset kit and adjust it to center the
wobble up on the zero of the dial at as many places as I can, but to do
that accurately, the lincurve reference input must not be effected by Z
touch offs etc, only by the absolute Z position established when it was
homed.

It appears the bed is worn such that it would be turning about 3 thou
small in the max wear in front of the spindle area, then fades in a
relatively straight pattern from about a foot away to the end of my A2
rod. So It's not quite Moglic time yet if lincurve and offset can be
made to compensate.

So, where do I get this absolute Z position to feed lincurve from?

Poking around with a halmeter, I can't find  it. And the man page makes
no mention of enabling motion.debug pins, which are 100% missing.

Cheers all, Gene Heskett