On Tuesday 28 August 2018 09:22:12 Les Newell wrote:

> Hi Gene,
>
> > So, where do I get this absolute Z position to feed lincurve from?
>
> Assuming you have a cartesian machine joint.N.pos-fb is probably the
> way to go. That's what I used when I did something similar on my
> lathe.
>
> Les

That would likely work and well Les, if indeed that data is referenced to
the machines location vis-a-vis its actually 0.000000 at a g53 g0 z0.
nothing else is such a permanent reference. I'll make some tests. If it
moves with a touch off or tool loaded but not g43'd, its not too
valuable.

Now to feed the missus and refill her coffee cup with freshly brewed, and
I'll hang a halmeter on it and find out.

Thanks Les.