The V2 8 megapixel camera for Raspberry Pi uses the Sony IMX219 sensor which is
a bit over 5mm wide by a bit under 5mm tall. They call it 1/4" diagonal.
Should be able to hit that with a laser beam, if the pinhole lens can be
removed.
The first model Pi camera used the (since discontinued) Omnivision OV5647
sensor. Fewer pixels and image area was a bit over 4mm by a but under 4mm.

    On Wednesday, September 26, 2018, 1:08:06 AM MDT, Gene Heskett